Dear Friends and Colleagues,
It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the IFIP DS 2020 20th Open Conference of the IFIP WG 8.3 on Decision Support “Toward enhanced risk management, shaping risk culture theory and making sound decisions under pressure”. The conference will be held on 24-26 June 2020 in Wrocław, Poland. We are looking for experts in the field of decision making and support, particularly in the field of computer science, management, and leadership, operation research, psychology, practitioners deciding uncertain conditions.
Faculty of Management, General Tadeusz Kościuszko Military University of Land Forces, Wrocław, Poland
Faculty of Computer Science and Management, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland
The conference consists of a multidisciplinary platform of knowledge and practice exchange. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Decision-Making in Uncertainty and/or Danger Conditions
- Risk Management in Decision-Making Processes
- Intelligent Decision Support in Risk Management
- Determinants, Constraints and Situational-Organizational Factors in Decision-Making Processes
- Cognitive and Motivational Biases in Decision Making
- Smart Decision Making
- Social, Ethical and Moral Aspects of Decision Support
- Psychological Aspects of Decision-Making in Crisis Conditions
- Models of Decision Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- Decision Making for Sustainable Development
- Decisions Support for Business Continuity
- Development of Technologies for Decision Support (Big Data, IoT, Data Analytics, BI, AI & Knowledge Discovery, Claud Computing, others)
- Technical, Social and Personal Aspects of DSS
- Development of DSS Methodology (Architecture, Components, Integration, Software Tools)
- Agents and Semantics in Risk Management and DSS
- Relevant Case Studies
In connection to 20th anniversary of IFIP Working Group 8.3 on Decision Support we anticipated
the award for the best article
Submissions must be original contributions that have not been previously published. All accepted submissions will be published in the proceedings, provided that the final version is received by the due date and the submission is formatted as it will be given. Accepted submissions will be published where there is at least one author registered (to attend the conference) for each submission. We are looking for different types of publications:
- full academic research papers which will be presented in regular sessions,
- short “research in progress” academic research papers (5 pages) which will be presented in regular sessions,
- research/case studies posters which will be presented in a
specialposter session, Ph.D.abbreviated dissertation proposal which will be presented during Ph.D. Consortium.
The maximum length of the submitted manuscript is 12 pages. Over-length manuscripts will be asked to be shortened after the review procedure (manuscripts with smaller page margins and font sizes than specified in the author's instructions and set in the template files will also be treated as overlength).
The maximum length of the final versions of manuscripts is 15 pages. This includes the title page, references, and appendices. Over-length manuscripts will not be accepted for publication.