The doctoral consortium has been designed to bring together
A submission outlining the candidate’s research should be in the form of an abbreviated dissertation proposal. The proposal should provide the research question or topic, a justification for the importance of the research, a presentation of the theoretical basis and context for the research, a description of research approach and method, preliminary findings and expected contributions to knowledge. The proposal should also include a progress report as an appendix, indicating the estimated completion date and the work that remains to be done as of the date of submission. The proposal may not exceed 3,000 words and while preparing, we recommend
- What makes the research I do especially appealing for me?
- For the discipline?
- For practice?
- How can I justify that my research results will
- match the goals of the dissertation?
- contribute to advancing the field?
- April 20, 2020 – Deadline for submissions of proposals by
- May 11, 2020 – Notification of acceptance
- June 1, 2020 – Updated proposals/research papers expected for distribution before the consortium
- June 23, 2020 –
Submissions to the consortium have to include:
- Cover page
- Information about the candidate, including name, university affiliation, name of dissertation supervisor, web site address, and contact information: email address, mailing address, and phone numbers
- Title of the proposal
- Research proposal (2000 – 3000 words): including motivation, research question, research design/ methodology,
currentstatus of research and completion plan. Please use Times New Roman or equivalent font at 12-point font size and 1.5 line spacing
- Statement by the supervisor or
PhDprogram director confirming the status of the candidate and a recommendation for participation in the consortium
Program and Venue
Doctoral Candidates Consortium Committee:
- Prof. Dorota KUCHTA, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Poland
- Prof. Arkady Zaslavsky, Commonwealth Science Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Australia